Monday, January 20, 2014

The last two months...

have been a blur... with the exception of my recent post "perfect mom", its been two months since my last entry. So many times I had an opportunity to blog, but it got cut short. In fact, I have two posts sitting as "drafts" as we speak. I get a topic and I run with it... if I can't finish in one setting while it's fresh then it just sits there, like a box of good n plenty on Halloween.

The girls have been great (minus the sleep of course). They are so alert and active that it makes the groggy days bearable. The smile from ear to ear when they get a glimpse of me and even belly laugh with excitement. I swear they kick their little legs so fast like they are trying to back stroke over to me.

I'm checking my calendar as I write, because I really can't remember whats gone on since their two month appt. For starters, they are now 4 months!!!! They had their 4 month appt this past Friday. Here are their stats:

Lola: 24 1/2 in, 11lbs 3oz, 16in head
Mila: 26in, 14lbs 10oz, 16.75in head
When Ava was 4 months: 25 1/4in, 14lbs, 16.9in head

So really... they are all relatively similar. Of course Lola's weight is still significantly below her sister's, but she is gaining. She's only in the 2nd percentile and I really thought by now the doctor would have intervened, but she said Lola is hovering in the "safe" zone. She is eating and she is steadily gaining, just not a huge push just yet. We've upped the calories in her Formula to 24 so hopefully that will help. She's also not spitting up as much and takes larger bottles.

At her LM follow up with the ENT in Dec he said she looked great and that actually she was improving!!!! Mila also got scoped, but she was fine. She had a very minor case of LM, but not enough that Dr. M thought he should DX her. Mila took the scope like a champ. She didn't even cry. Lola on the other hand threw a fit. Marc made and excellent point. With Mila being so much bigger, her nasal passages looked more spaced out compared to Lola's. Very observant my dear! Ava stayed at my Mom's for this appt. Afterwards we went Christmas shopping and ran some errands. I don't really remember much else except Lola had a weight check and had only gained 1lb in a month... again I thought this was bad news, but she was treading lightly towards the positive side.

We had Christmas in our new place and it was amazing. We went through some really bad times over the summer trying to stay afloat and keep positive thoughts about the risk of premature labor. We spent more money than we should have on the girls and each other, but we looked at it like a celebration that we "made it". We made it through the hardest time of our lives, still loving, happy and as positive as can be. All bad things in life are temporary if you want them to be. We cut down our own tree this year and took Ava with us. There was a ton of snow and Ava loved every minute. Marc and I were cold and exhausted, but the belly laughs coming from Ava were enough to keep us going. Our tree was beyond perfect and so was our First Christmas as a family of 5 :) Damn I have a big family!!!

Marc & I decided to stay in for New Year's. We cooked Steak & Lobster tail for the three of us (Beebs). She loved the steak, not so much the seafood and ate up all the potatoes. The girls slept while we ate. Ava was so excited for dessert until she tasted the cheesecake... it must have been the texture because she spit it out, shoved her plate across the table, hopped out of her booster and screamed "I DON'T LIKE IT!!!!!" That girl.... she is something else!

She went to be around 9pm. Marc and I headed down to the "Stroud Haus Basement Bar" and poured a few drinks. We took it pretty easy bc we still had two baby dolls to watch over. The night was going smoothly until 11:30pm and both girl woke up and did not want to go back to sleep. I guess they wanted to be awake for their first new year! After 20mins of trying to get them to go back to sleep we chalked it up as a loss... for the past 9 NYE's we've always toasted champagne at midnight, this night, was just water. We immediately felt guilty Ava wasn't with us so we tip toed into her room with both girls and gave her New Year's smooches while she slept! Finally the girls fell back to sleep and we popped the bubbly. Marc got some "flavored" champagne and it was awful. We didn't even finish it. He got another bottle of the good stuff, but by this time it was so late we called it a night and so it sits, chilling in the mini fridge.

Hubs & I also had our first "child free night" this past weekend. With how exhausted we've been, I thought we deserved a night to rest and relax, just the two of us. My mom watched Beebs & I arranged for the twins to also be split up. My Aunt Mary insisted on taking both, but I assured her I didn't want to do that to her even if she thought she was ready, she watched Mila. Barb is a really good family friend and she has become like family to me. She watched Lola. After the girls 4m appt, I dropped them off at their respective homes for the night and went our house to change. I only told Hubs the night before about the arrangement and to say he was excited was an understatement. We tried to decide what to do.... should we do it big? Dinner, movie, drinks & a late curfew!?!?!? At the last minute... we thought, lets do dinner close to home and play it by ear. We went to a sports bar and sat at the bar. Then the hardest question came up... "what do you want to drink"? Shit... what do we want to drink??? Beer? Wine? hard liquor?!?!? We had the bartender come back two different times, that's annoying as shit, believe me... I know! I decided a Margarita sounded good, so we ordered two... then we remembered why we don't order Margarita's in Ohio... they suck ass. So we finished it, Marc decided on a pop & since they didn't have Dos XX I just went with a Miller Lite draft. Odd, we were no longer in the mood to drink! We went back to our house, immediately put on comfortable clothes and headed to the basement to blare the surround sound while watching a movie. We watched something stupid called "Behind the Pines" or something like that... owell, I just enjoyed the alone time with my love. We went to bed around midnight after a few texts to check on the babes. All seemed to be doing just fine! O Lord did it feel good to sleep in!! We laid in bed a couple hours just talking and falling in and out of sleep. We both took long, uninterrupted showers, Marc made breakfast that we didn't have to scarf down and for the first time in a long time, I drank a steaming hot coffee in its entirety before it got cold!

It was a much needed and appreciated "day off"!!!

Well I'm falling asleep while I type this and the girls just woke up, but we're doing CIO so now I gotta sit and listen and pray they fall back asleep quickly before working themselves up too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment